Manage episode 294375905 series 2475607
A Serious Disc Agreement is the only "serious" podcast on the Australian Internet about "Movie Disc Culture."
Alexei Toliopoulos (Finding Drago, Total Reboot) and Blake Howard (One Heat Minute) are expanding their IMPRINT COMPANION podcast to include the best physical media releases worldwide. For this episode, we're discussing the Ozploitation classic - STONE.
Sandy Harbutt’s seminal bikie movie, Stone, packed out drive-ins around the country in the early 1970s with its potent mix of sex, drugs, rock’n’roll and unbridled horsepower… and in the process helped kickstart the Ozploitation explosion. Ken Shorter (Sunday Too Far Away) is Stone, an undercover cop who infiltrates an outlaw motorcycle gang to investigate a series of grisly killings. He is thrown into the world of the Gravediggers – alienated Nam Vets who live in a fortress by the sea and have their own law, their own satanic religion, their own bevy of bikie chicks (including Rebecca Gilling, Return To Eden, in her film debut) and a nasty habit of getting into violent and bloody gang battles.
- TARANTINO ON STONE interview featurette
- THE MAKING OF STONE (1974) on-set featurette.
- DELETED SCENES from the original theatrical release.
- “STONE FOREVER” (1999) feature length documentary by filmmaker Richard Kuipers.
- “NOT QUITE HOLLYWOOD” EXTENDED INTERVIEWS with writer/director/actor Sandy Harbutt, cast members Ken Shorter, Rebecca Gilling and Roger Ward, exec-producer David Hannay and editor Ian Barry.
- MAKE-UP TESTS
- STILLS GALLERY with commentary by Sandy Harbutt.
- ORIGINAL THEATRICAL TRAILER
- LIMITED EDITION CD SOUNDTRACK composed and produced by Billy Green.
Support this podcast at — https://redcircle.com/one-heat-minute-productions/exclusive-content
Advertising Inquiries: https://redcircle.com/brands
Privacy & Opt-Out: https://redcircle.com/privacy