Manage episode 299564234 series 1106535
In this episode, my friend Phil Bell gives insight on how to develop a family ministry playbook for partnering with parents. After years within the local church and coaching ministry leaders, Phil has a unique perspective on how these principles can effectively change your family ministry.
Multiply Ministry Conference
Why have an updated strategy to partner with parents?
- Culture is changing around us (how families live and breathe and interact with the church)
- The makeup of the families change
- Parenting strategies/philosophies changes
- Give updates in the context to improve specific examples
What’s your approach?
- It starts with YOU
- Evaluate what you’re doing
- If God is working in you He can work through you
- Get real honest and build on the foundation of authenticity as leaders — that is what people follow
- Focusing on pleasing people
- Building platforms
- Losing devotional lives
- Unhealthy boundaries
- Missing worship and not being fully present
- Listen intently… Listening is active
- Ask the parent… What does it mean for us to partner with you?
- Define what they need
- Given your context, what is the best first step for you?
- First step… Be captured by the vision of partnering parents
- Get the book
- Gather a team to implement this with you – staff/vols/parents
- Talk with and listen to 1 parent this week
Ministry Boost Membership + New Courses
Get Exclusive Content from this Week's Episode
Use the form below to subscribe to my email list where you’ll get an email each Tuesday when a new podcast comes out. That email will also include something exclusive related to the podcast that’s not found in the post or in the episode.
Subscribe | Share | Rate | Comment
To make sure you never miss a post, hit the subscribe button in iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, or Tune In radio. Keep your friends and co-workers up-to-date as well by sharing it with them via email or social media.