Manage episode 289910836 series 1106535
In this episode, Keith Ferrin shares his passion for helping the next generation engage with the Bible consistently and passionately. Keith uses a plethora of methods to encourage and inspire families to enjoy reading the Bible and understanding who God is and who they are in Christ.
Ministry Boost Membership + New Courses
1 Corinthians 14:12 – So it is with you. Since you are eager for gifts of the Spirit, try to excel in those that build up the church.
- Live events
- Physical and digital resources
- Online courses
- Requires trusting the Holy Spirit to do what only He can do
- Ministry leaders should create environments where this can be championed and adopted
- Leaders/Parents: YOU MUST LOVE IT FIRST
- Most of what we have learned, we learn from the “general” to the “specific”; the same goes for the Bible
- Analogy: you cannot understand a movie until you watch it; you must watch it and then you can speak about it; watching the movie is the starting place
- The primary purpose for reading the Bible is to spend time with Christ, not just to learn how to live
- Study it relationally so others can see its importance in your life; share what you ready about often
Key takeaway – when we have an accurate picture of who God is and who we are in Christ, this generation will be ready to make the hard decisions they need to make because they know WHO THEY ARE.
ADDITIONAL RESOURCES FROM KEITH:
- Check out nickblevins.com/keith
- Consider joining the community
- Use it to help people you lead
Get Exclusive Content from this Week's Episode
Use the form below to subscribe to my email list where you’ll get an email each Tuesday when a new podcast comes out. That email will also include something exclusive related to the podcast that’s not found in the post or in the episode.
Subscribe | Share | Rate | Comment
To make sure you never miss a post, hit the subscribe button in iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, or Tune In radio. Keep your friends and co-workers up-to-date as well by sharing it with them via email or social media.