Motherhood in ADHD – Parenting with ADHD, Productivity Tips, Brain based Science, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Education to Help Moms with Adult ADHD
E143: Should You Take ADHD Medication? How to Make the Difficult Decision to Try ADHD Medicine for Your Child or Yourself with Psychotherapist Christina Crowe
Manage episode 328228078 series 2913393
How will ADHD medication affect my life?
What will my family and friends think if I tell them?
Will ADHD medication change my personality?
There are so many fears, worries, and what-if's surrounding taking ADHD medication.
You may have heard family or cultural messages your entire life that says medication is wrong, harmful, or shameful.
With all of the stigma and negative buzz, it’s no wonder so many ADHD'ers are confused and worried about taking it.
There is absolutely nothing to be ashamed of about taking ADHD medication. When you really dig into the data, it paints a very different picture -- one that deserves a closer look.
It’s “Medication May” on the Motherhood in ADHD podcast. This episode series aims to arm you with the knowledge and confidence you need to make the right choice about taking (or not taking) ADHD medication.
In this episode, Canadian Psychotherapist and fellow ADHD mama Christina Crowe discusses:
- The pros and cons of taking ADHD medication, and the surprising risks of untreated ADHD
- Questions to ask when you’re choosing a doctor to treat your ADHD
- What to consider when deciding if medication is right for you
- Christina’s thoughts on “big pharma” and the idea that the pharmaceutical industry is profiting off of mental illness medication (and other common fears)
- Christina’s personal journey with ADHD diagnosis in her late 30's and her biggest struggles with parenting her ADHD child
- The difference between mindfulness and meditation (Yes, there's a difference!)
- And more!
Thank you, Christina, for joining us and offering your incredible knowledge and insights!
Connect with Christina, read the transcript, and view the show notes on the Motherhood in ADHD blog.
This material is not intended as medical advice. Please consult your doctor or a trained medical professional to find the treatment plan that best fits your personal situation.
What if you could learn an easy, 3-step system for organizing your day, sorting through your to-do lists, and keeping your commitments? What if you had a group of other ADHD moms to hold you accountable week to week?
It's all possible with Daily Planning for ADHD moms. Figure out your life in a way that makes sense for both your mom-life and your ADHD brain. Join us today! bit.ly/adhdplan