Manage episode 326138935 series 3234219
How contrarians combine value and momentum to take positions opposite what the consensus believes. What is the consensus view in today's financial markets and how are contrarians positioned.
Topics covered include:
- Five attributes of successful investors
- Why does the consensus expect stagflation
- How central banks have performed in previous tightening cycles
- Three reasons central banks tightening results in a recession
- When have interest rates peaked in prior tightening cycles
- How stocks tend to do well when investors get extremely pessimistic
- What are examples of contrarian investments in the current market environment
- How contrarian opportunities involve both value and momentum
- What are some additional examples of being contrarian outside of the investment arena
For more information on this episode click here.