Manage episode 283319580 series 2137790
How coordinated buying by retail investors has turned the table on Wall Street. Are there signs of a market bubble?
Topic covered include:
- What are meme stocks
- Why GameStop's stock (GME) has soared to over $300 from $17 in less than a month
- What are short squeezes and gamma squeezes and how they can push up a stock price
- How short-sellers including hedge funds are losing big against individual investors on the wallstreetbets subreddit
- Is coordinated buying of options and stocks by individual investors illegal?
- How market flows into stocks are taking precedence over fundamental data
- Is the stock market in a bubble and how does the current market environment compare to the 1999 Internet bubble and the 2006 housing bubble?
Thanks to Truebill for sponsoring the episode
For more information on this episode click here.