Manage episode 283928837 series 2366532
In this episode with Miami real estate insurance expert Fernando Alvarez, we discuss the various exposures properties will face in 2021 and how to create a comprehensive risk management strategy. With over a decade of experience, Alvarez explains candidly how the real estate insurance market works, and how his own company aims to offer a transparent and honest experience to his clients at JAG.
Recorded mid-December 2020, the episode covers the following topics:
- Understanding the tidal wave of property insurance rate spikes
- Why insurance rates are rising for commercial real estate owners
- The changing claims process and InsurTech role on underwriting
- Catastrophic claims: How the overall claim environment affects insurance rates regardless of one’s proximity to losses from wildfires and hurricanes.
- Best practices and practical tips for homeowners
Fernando Alvarez is an athlete, entrepreneur, principal of JAG Insurance Group, podcaster, and host of The Transition: Life After Sports Podcast.
About JAG Insurance Group: With nearly a decade of hard-earned industry insight and high-level expertise, JAG continues to pave a forward-thinking approach in the commercial insurance and risk management landscape. JAG offers extensive, integrated business solutions across a multitude of sectors, including, employee benefits, property and casualty insurance, and financial and private client services.
The Miami Real Estate Podcast is brought to you by the Cervera Newsroom at Cervera Real Estate. Learn more at MiamiRealEstatePodcast.com.