Court of Appeals Agrees USDA Did Not Have the Discretion to Implement New Program Benefiting Farmers
Manage episode 230132386 series 1104350
In this episode, Paul provides an update on a case involving Colorado winter wheat producers who requested actual production history yield exclusion in 2015 but the USDA Risk Management Agency denied the request. The case highlights when USDA potentially has to make new programs available to producers.
Materials discussed in this episode:
- Ausmus v. Perdue, 289 F.Supp.3d 1227 (D. Colo. 2018)
- Ausmus v. Perdue, 908 F.3d 1248 (10th Cir. 2018).
- Goeringer, Paul, Court of Appeals Agrees USDA Did Not Have the Discretion to Implement New Program Benefiting Farmers (AREC, March 19, 2019).
- Goeringer, Paul, Updated: Quick Look at Yield Exclusion Option in 2014 Farm Bill (AREC, July 13, 2015).
- Goeringer, Paul, USDA Did Not Have Discretion to Implement New Program Benefitting Farmers: When Does the Agency Have Discretion to Implement a New Program? (AREC, July 12, 2018).