How to Nail Your Public Speaking Performance #2407
Manage episode 358752306 series 1203992
In episode #2407, Neil and Eric delve into how to nail a public speaking performance. They are currently in the middle of the speaking season, having just returned from one conference and getting ready to attend another, so it’s a great time to have this conversation. Tune in today to hear their top tips and tricks on public speaking, including getting to know your audience, adding trends and frameworks to your presentations, and practicing your talk!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:21] Today’s topic: How to nail your public speaking performance.
- [00:51] One of the biggest mistakes people make when speaking at a conference.
- [01:04] What you should try to learn about your audience prior to your talk.
- [01:46] How and why Neil’s approach to creating presentations has changed over time?
- [02:40] The question that Eric always asks the organizers of the events he is speaking at.
- [03:55] Advice for choosing the topic of your talk.
- [04:31] The importance of practicing your talk at least once.
- [04:56] What to include in your presentation.
- [06:11] Neil’s approach to creating slide decks.
- [06:45] Valuable lessons to be learned from Guy Kawasaki’s 10/20/30 rule of presentations.
- [07:46] That’s it for today! Don’t forget to rate, review, and subscribe!
Go to https://www.marketingschool.io to learn more!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- Guy Kawasaki
- Don’t forget to help us grow by subscribing and liking on YouTube!
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us:
- Single Grain << Eric’s ad agency
- NP Digital << Neil’s ad agency
- Twitter @neilpatel
- Twitter @ericosiu