Manage episode 272978856 series 2707970
How do we talk to kids about Breonna Taylor or police brutality?
#SayHerName... Since the death of Breonna Taylor, we’ve held many family discussions about race and other important topics. Because no topic is off the table in our home, we decided to pivot, still celebrating National Voter Registration Day, but we wanted to take a moment to discuss the grand jury’s ruling and the rippling impact it has had on all of us.
*Before you have a family conversation about Breonna Taylor’s death, read up an entire timeline.
Podcasts on talking to kids about race, racial justice, and police brutality:
- Talking to Kids… About Race | Let's K12 Better Podcast
- How to Raise a Socially Conscious, Anti-Racist Child | NYT Parenting
- Talking to your kids about race and how to raise an anti-racist kid | Mother Of All Shows
- Civics, Race, and Kids | TC After Dark
- How to Talk to Kids About Race | Edit Your Life Show
Become an informed, anti-racist voter. Learn more about your ballot and read up on your candidates:
- National Voter Registration Day #VoteReady resources
- Vote411 Election Information
- Issue Voter
- Ballot Ready
- League of Women Voters
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter: https://bit.ly/LetsK12BetterNewsletter!
We're on every podcast platform. *Love our podcast? Rate. Review. Share!