Manage episode 288394879 series 2772219
Actions speak louder than words, and Adam Husler (E-500RYT) uses both to understand universal balance in the practice of yoga.
Adam draws experience from a variety of lives lived off the mat, from law school, the boxing ring, the ultramarathon path and the non-profit sector. He brings a unique perspective to those who seek more from yoga than making pretty shapes.
He offers creative, effective and clearly-sequenced teachings that focus on balancing flexibility and strength; physically and mentally. Inspired by a fascination with anatomy, Adam specialises in Alignment-Based Vinyasa Yoga, informed by years of study and with Jason Crandell, and assisting him on a number of advanced teacher trainings.
Being further influenced by; the spiritual wisdom of renowned meditation teacher Michael Stone, the dynamic teachings of Cameron Shayne and the anatomical knowledge of Tom Myers, Adam consistently refines his teaching method both as instructor and student.
Adam specialises in a signature style of Alignment-Based Vinyasa— fuelled by a fascination with anatomy and a desire to ask ‘why?’. Classes are less focused on dramatic postures as an end in themselves, but on becoming more engaged, attentive, integrated and focused in asanas, as we explore our breath, mind and body at our individual threshold.
Each month, Adam’s public classes have a different theme and each week a difference sequence, all featuring; long holds, controlled yet dynamic movements, intelligent alignment, anatomical precision, non-absolutism and a focus on integrity, over depth, in postures. They’re also dogma free! Adam seeks to remind all that an asana practice is a very subjective experience, and whether you are a yoga teacher or new to the practice, there’ll be plenty of options to challenge all in their journey of self enquiry.Early Roots
Raised in Birmingham, Adam found his way north to the chilly hills of Durham to continue a path to a lucrative legal career. However, legal books soon got put aside and Adam began to work with underprivileged teens, young offenders institutions; occasionally in other countries too, like Nepal and Hounduras.
- Managing 2 brand new youth-hubs and event spaces in Central London. Including theatre, recording studios, commercial catering business, event space, gym, dance studios and more.
- Specialising in Youth Leadership and Life Coaching for 13-25 year olds with Changemakers. Clients including Great Ormond Street Children’s Hospital
- Agreed to run 5 marathons and an 100km ultramarathon in 3 months.
- Has a black belt in Shotokan karate.
- Physically ‘peaked’ as a 110kg weight lifting boxer with mutton chops.
- Doesn’t often read books twice, unless they’re by Albert Camus.
- Was briefly the face of Samsung Portugal.
We hope you enjoy the Keen on Yoga Podcast with Adam Husler. You can find more about him on his website.