Manage episode 339159899 series 1391411
Tejas Kumar joins Jerod & KBall for a wide-ranging convo about React Suspense, human skills, and the four pillars of impact for web engineers. We also discuss the news in “Story of the Week” and give a few quick shout outs to a must-read book and a great new publishing platform for lead devs.
Changelog++ members get a bonus 2 minutes at the end of this episode and zero ads. Join today!
- Square – Develop on the platform that sellers trust. There is a massive opportunity for developers to support Square sellers by building apps for today’s business needs. Learn more at changelog.com/square to dive into the docs, APIs, SDKs and to create your Square Developer account — tell them Changelog sent you.
- Raygun – Never miss another mission-critical issue again — Raygun Alerting is now available for Crash Reporting and Real User Monitoring, to make sure you are quickly notified of the errors, crashes, and front-end performance issues that matter most to you and your business. Set thresholds for your alert based on an increase in error count, a spike in load time, or new issues introduced in the latest deployment. Start your free 14-day trial at Raygun.com
- Fly.io – Deploy your apps and databases close to your users. In minutes you can run your Ruby, Go, Node, Deno, Python, or Elixir app (and databases!) all over the world. No ops required. Learn more at fly.io/changelog and check out the speedrun in their docs.
- Hasura – Create dynamic high-performance GraphQL & REST APIs from your database(s) in minutes with granular authorization and caching baked in. All without touching your underlying database. Go from data to API in minutes. Get started for free at hasura.io/jsparty
- Tejas Kumar – Twitter, GitHub
- Jerod Santo – Twitter, GitHub
- Kevin Ball – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
Notes and Links
- 🎬 Deconstructing React
- Pillars of Impact for Web Engineers
- Xata, the friendly serverless database
- 🎧 JS on WebAssembly
- 🎧 The magic of monorepos
Story of the Week
- Big Changes Ahead for Deno
- Container Queries Shipping in Chrome M105
- Helping the Environment by Saving Two Centuries of Compute Time
- 📘 Plays Well with Others
Something missing or broken? PRs welcome!