Manage episode 282018710 series 2398872
Every weekend, you make the promise to yourself that you'll start your diet over on Monday. Then, by Wednesday the wheels are falling off and you are left to feel like a failure who can't ever stick to anything. You've got one foot in and one foot out. It's time to break the yo-yo diet/body hate shame cycle by getting real and honest with yourself about what it is you're actually afraid of. Is there something that you're afraid of losing or giving up by committing to yourself and your weight loss journey?
Topics Discussed in This Episode
- What are you afraid of losing by committing to yourself and your weight loss journey?
- It's time to get honest with yourself about what you're actually afraid of.
- It's not just that you're afraid of the fear of failure. It's the fear of what you "think" or what you "perceive" that you have to give up by losing weight. (Breaking the all or nothing BS)
- The fear of giving up eating for comfort, a social life, favorite foods, spontaneity and living in the moment with food.
- You are afraid of giving up the cycle of using food for comfort b/c you're addicted to the yo-yo diet/body hate shame cycle.
- But, what would you gain if you finally made a commitment to yourself?
- What kind of life are you holding hostage, waiting for the weight by living in the fear of what you have to give up?
- You have to lose the emotional weight and build THAT foundation before you can ever expect the weight loss to work.
- Weight loss is not about the food and the weight. It FEELS like that's the main problem, but the bigger issue and the one you have to solve if you want to lose weight and keep it off, is the relationship you have with yourself and how you think about yourself, your weight, and food.
- You need to find other ways to feed your soul that don't revolve around food.
- You have to create an unconditional loving relationship with yourself by stripping away the "fat girl" identity.
- You have to stop the inner fat bitch chatter and break the rules you've created for yourself.
Action Plan - Join the FREE Podcast Discussion Group!
As the action item for this episode, I want you to answer the following questions in your journal and in the FREE Irresistible You Podcast discussion group. :
- What am I afraid I'll be giving up by committing to my weight loss journey?
- If I made the commitment to myself, what would I gain in my life?
Links & Resources