Manage episode 375469817 series 3428808
In the last single-digit episode, E&J talk about:
- Show, don’t tell-type lyrics
- Provide just enough detail to the listener so they want to find out more
- The Barnum Effect
- The Ralph Murphy fundamentals of songwriting
- What is a good intro?
- Playing with the listeners’ expectations
- Genre mixing
- Creating interest by changing the subdivision of the beat
- Crowd participation lyrics
- Instrument solos in modern Top40-type songs
- Social media influencing songwriting
- Trading space to spice up the production
- What is a top line?
- Efficiency in songwriting
- What makes Jamie emotional
- Scott Ruston improvising a good song in 10 minutes
- Giving just enough information without flooding your listener
- Why joining our Discord server is a really good idea.
- Musings on the number 9
- more? No.
Ali Angel - Stone Cold
Chasing the Sky - King of the Losing Side
Ian Suhovy - New Life
Promises Promises - Fabricated
Scott Ruston - Wisconsin
Book a free coaching call with Jamie: https://calendly.com/jamiekarlcoupe/60min
Book a free call with Emily right here or by going to calendly.com/emilytallman
Emily's personal Instagram: @therealemilytallman
Book a free consultation call with Jamie: https://calendly.com/jamiekarlcoupe/60min
Jamie's Instagram: @jamiekarlcoupe
Jamie's Website: jamiekarlcoupe.com
Get your song reviewed: send an MP3 or download link to firstname.lastname@example.org
Join the Discord family!
If you feel like supporting the show, use our affiliate links to these SONG CHANGING resources. We would all love you even more and every little helps.
- Writing Better Lyrics https://amzn.to/45NxOWy
- Murphy’s Laws of Songwriting https://amzn.to/44xTWmK
- The War of Art https://amzn.to/45tHLbW
- The Go-Giver https://amzn.to/3EigbST
Edited and mixed by Tiki Horea