Manage episode 377259928 series 3428808
In this first double-digit episode, E&J talk about:
- Multilingual lyrics and how they help the song connect to a more varied listener base
- The importance of diction
- How cool Tiki Horea is (aw, shucks, you guys)
- Pizzicato string parts can help fill in sparser sections
- Writing and producing out of the box
- Using drums recorded by a great drummer
- Trading space
- Listener bandwidth
- Being a devotional artist
- Social media for artists can be damaging to your mental health. Don't read comments, don't look at stats.
- Dynamic ceilings
- Sensory writing
- Specifics, themes, and extremes
- Establishing a mood
- Pronoun switching to progress the lyrics
- and more. Yup.
Spitfire Audio's LABS free instruments: https://labs.spitfireaudio.com/
Audiomovers' ListenTO: https://audiomovers.com/pricing/
Aryeh Kunstler - Avodat Halev (Work of the heart)
Mary Heather Hickman - Cold Shoulder
Stu Neil - One Helluva Team
Recording vocals: Emotional vs technical?
Book a free coaching call with Jamie: https://calendly.com/jamiekarlcoupe/60min
Book a free call with Emily: calendly.com/emilytallman
Emily's personal Instagram: @therealemilytallman
Book a free consultation call with Jamie: https://calendly.com/jamiekarlcoupe/60min
Jamie's Instagram: @jamiekarlcoupe
Jamie's Website: jamiekarlcoupe.com
Get your song reviewed: send an MP3 or download link to firstname.lastname@example.org
Join the Discord family!
If you feel like supporting the show, use our affiliate links to these SONG CHANGING resources. We would all love you even more and every little helps.
- Writing Better Lyrics https://amzn.to/45NxOWy
- Murphy’s Laws of Songwriting https://amzn.to/44xTWmK
- The War of Art https://amzn.to/45tHLbW
- The Go-Giver https://amzn.to/3EigbST
Edited and mixed by Tiki Horea