Manage episode 278882389 series 2373688
Hosts Jemima and Matt are joined by another incredible guest in this weeks episode. Sword fighting expert Fran talks to us about weapons in video games.
Which games do it well? Which games do it badly? What is most important to get right when showing the complexities and brutality of using weapons? We look at The Witcher, Mount & Blade, Nidhogg, Skyrim, For Honor, and more.
Games discussed in this episode
Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord - Medieval Combat Simulator & RPG
- Intro to the game - 0.00 - 0.30
- Tournament fight - 3.00 - 4.21
- Siege fight using spear, throwing weapons, and sword - 13.19 - 14.30
For Honor - Medieval Action Melee game
Skyrim - Action RPG, wizards, dragons, classic
Nidhogg - side-scrolling two-player fighting video game, with fencing
The Witcher 3 - Action RPG - The best one ever
Mordhau - multiplayer medieval fighting PVP game
- Want to know more? Fran's new podcast By the Sword looks at the modern study of the ancient art of swordplay
- Want to try your hand at sword play in real life? Find a Historical European Martial Arts (HEMA) club near you
- For our UK listeners By the Sword.net is for HEMA events for women and NBs in the UK run by Fran
- The School of the Sword is Fran's HEMA school so you can learn along with our guest
📝Sign up to our Newsletter to stay up to date with Auroch Digital
💬 Want to talk to us? Join our Discord
🎙️ Missed an Episode? Find all of the Season here
⭐Please do rate the podcast and spread the word!