Manage episode 197656863 series 1911753
Dinah Perez graduated from Loyola Law School and has been in the practice of entertainment law since 1996. As a full service entertainment attorney she supports screenwriters, producers, talent management companies, production companies, publishers, recording artists, and creators of new media content.
Her work has been published in Story Board Magazine, Release Print, Surfview.com, Legalserviceindia.com, Mecfilms.com, and Findlaw.com, and she's been quoted in Entertainment Weekly, Wired Magazine, Wired.Com. She was interviewed by John Scott Lewinski for his books, Alone In A Room and The Screenwriters Guide to Agents and Managers. She's spoken at the Screenwriters World Conference, Beverly Hills Bar Association, Scriptwriters Network, Writers Digest Conference West, and Cinewomen. Ms. Perez is fully bi-lingual in Spanish and services clients from Spain, South America, and Mexico.
She is publisher of
- The Legal 411 for Screenwriters – The Legal Information Screenwriters Need to Work Smart and Succeed in the Film Industry
- The Legal 411 for Producers – The Legal Information Producers Need from Script to Screen.
In this podcast Dinah Perez addresses:
- How Writers Sell Screenplays
- Submitting Your Work to Agents, Managers & Producers
- Understanding Submission Releases & Shopping Agreements
- How Entertainment Lawyers Work with Writers to Close Deals
- 5 Mistakes Most Writers Make When They Negotiate Their Own Deals
If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. I look forward to being of service to you.