Manage episode 281592121 series 1285261
We're bringing back our annual tradition to start off the year with a combined episode of the HMMR Podcast and GAINcast to discuss the state of training for sports. A lot has changed over the past year, so we sit down to discuss some of the biggest issues facing sports, how things looks going forward, and what we're looking forward to in 2021.
For more information on this topic, read the complete show notes at: http://www.hmmrmedia.com/2021/01/hmmr-podcast-episode-239-the-state-of-sport/
- This episode is brought to you by HMMR Plus. Become a member for full access to our videos, articles, and podcast archives.
- Our guest Vern Gambetta is the host of the GAINcast. Subscribe now if you haven't already.
- We recorded similar episodes to kick off 2019 (Episode 188), 2018 (Episode 135), and 2017 (Episode 83).
- Adapting to COVID and lockdowns has been covered from several angles this year including our Episode 219 roundtable and Episode 225 about post-lockdown training.
- Monitoring has been a recurring theme over the last few months, with some input on the topic from Lachlan Penfold and Dan di Pasqua on Episode 238, Eddie Jones on GAINcast 204 and GAINcast 192 with Aaron Coutts and Franco Impellizzeri.
- Nick shard more about his passion for BBQ and brisket on Episode 228 and Episode 13.