Manage episode 302313935 series 1547332
While you’re playing…how do you define success? Is it seeing people dancing? singing? paying you money? What are the metrics you use? Hear your two favorite weekend warriors share some of their own success stories from this weekend’s gigs. Then it’s time to talk about a few logistical issues with gigging… getting setup, balancing your monitors (in-ears!), getting in touch with bandmates last-minute, and more. Plus, a few gear tips for drummers. All this and more when you press play with Paul Kent and Dave Hamilton. Remember: Always be performing!
- 00:00:00 Gig Gab 318 – Monday, September 13, 2021
- 00:00:59 Time to get setup
- 00:03:02 Having Big Ears
- 00:06:29 Measuring success in the moment
- 00:08:35 A crowd which actually listens!
- 00:15:22 Stinkfoot Orchestra’s First Gig!
- 00:21:03 Would you hire a musician without a cell phone?
- 00:24:06 BBM Gig Gab Listener Survey
- 00:25:54 Dave-CSF-Kick Block and Pedal Block
- 00:29:37 Russ’s Drum Rug
- 00:31:57 Shared Backline Challenges
- 00:36:25 Balancing the in-ears… again
- 00:40:19 Musing on the next few months
- 00:49:13 Gig Gab 318