Manage episode 287712281 series 2295409
Amanda and Sarah talk wild people and wild theories for this episode. Amanda pulls an M. Night Shyamalan by starting with a story about alleged murderer Florence Maybrick, only to take a sharp left turn into Ripper territory. Sarah heads into the woods for a look at the European Woodwose, a folkloric creature that comes in many interesting, sometimes sexy forms. Other subjects covered include the definition of meat juice and Amanda's wariness of twins.
Sarah recommends the horror film The Empty Man.
- Wikipedia/Wild man
- East Anglican Daily Times (Weird Suffolk: Meet the wild men of the woods that ate children)
- Cornwall Live (The day Bigfoot stalked workers in a Cornwall forest)
- Astonishing Legends (The Woodwose)
- Wikipedia/Florence Maybrick
- The Guardian (Did She Kill Him? review – a Victorian scandal of sex and poisoning)
- Medium (Florence Maybrick: An American Murder in Victorian England?)
- Wikipedia/Michael Maybrick
- The Guardian (They All Love Jack: Busting the Ripper by Bruce Robinson review – a huge establishment cover-up)