Manage episode 280010499 series 2794050
Jeffrey Robinson is an international best selling author. He is considered “one of the world's leading experts on international financial crime.” As a master storyteller, he has written over 30 books, including the best seller “The Laundrymen.” He talked in detail about his 2011 book called “The Takedown”, which describes a federal prosecutor and federal agent taking down the Norte Valle Cartel.
In this episode, we discuss:
- How Robinson got started writing about money laundering
- The definition of money laundering
- The myth of Al Capone and money laundering
- How trade-based money laundering is achieved.
- The investigation that meant the most to him
- Why the best investigators practice shoe leather.
- How great books are based on great storytelling.
If you have benefited from this podcast episode, please subscribe to the podcast on your favorite podcast platform. Also, leave a review because that helps in the search rankings so others can find it.