Manage episode 278377817 series 2794050
Afi Johnson-Parris is an attorney specializing in family law at her law firm. She is board certified in family law with the North Carolina Bar Association.
In this episode, we discuss:
- The main reasons that couples file for divorce
- The value of a Certified Divorce Financial Analyst credential during divorce proceedings
- How a forensic accounting examination in a divorce resulted in an additional $1 million settlement
- How family law attorneys find outside help, such as forensic accountants and business valuation experts
- The value of forensic accountants writing articles, giving presentations, and being an expert witness in mock trials
- Why the expert witness needs to put in plain English the financial argument in court
- How good trial lawyers are storytellers so that the evidence makes sense to the judge and jury.
If you have benefited from this podcast episode, please subscribe to the podcast on your favorite podcast platform. Also, leave a review because that helps in the search rankings so others can find it.