Manage episode 274240392 series 2794050
Chuck Cohen spent over 20 years at the Indiana State Police in various positions, including white-collar crimes and crimes against children. After retiring, he became the Vice President of the National White Collar Crime Center, where he creates, implements, and promotes training for fraud investigators and cybercrime investigators.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Why the NW3C organization exists
- Why the NW3C created the Certified Economic Crime Forensic Examiner (CECFE) credential
- Why he became a Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- What he learned when assigned to a federal task force with IRS-Criminal Investigation
- The emotional impact of fraud investigations for both the victim and the investigators
- How the investigations on crimes against children is similar to fraud investigations
If you are benefiting from this podcast, share it with a friend or your group, and don't forget to leave a review on your favorite podcast platform. A review helps others find this podcast.
Check out www.fraudfighterpodcast.com for more episodes.