Manage episode 272832950 series 2794050
Steve Dawson is a Certified Public Accountant, Certified Fraud Examiner, author, and speaker.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Why he chose forensic accounting as a profession
- Why he started his forensic accounting firm
- Why communication skills are paramount in forensic accounting
- How fraud prevention should be before internal controls
- Three stages of the thought process before the fraud is committed
- The first step a company can do to prevent fraud
- The emotional impact of being a victim
- Why he wrote his book: Internal Control / Anti-Fraud Program Design for the Small Business
- How a Ponzi scheme was his most enjoyable investigation
- Why relationships are vital in forensic accounting.
If you are benefiting from this podcast, share it with a friend or your group, and don't forget to leave a review on your favorite podcast platform. A review helps others find this podcast.
For more information, please visit our website: www.fraudfighterpodcast.com