Manage episode 297059065 series 2896151
Oh, hello there! In this episode, I responded to a message from a listener. He asked me if I have any tips on what he should focus on in order to get his first job as a Flutter developer.
I collected some of my ideas on how I would go about getting my first job as a software developer with Flutter.
There are many ways to improve your chances, first obvious advice is to learn Flutter well. You can build your portfolio where you demonstrate to potential employers that you know how to use Flutter, you know how to code and solve problems. You can do it in many different ways, you can publish apps in the Apple App Store, Google Play Store, on the web, or on any other platform. Publishing open source packages is another great way to impress your interviewers.
Having skills in related technologies, such as web development, desktop, iOS, or Android development, will all increase your chances!
At interviews, you need to consider that computer science and software development basics can always come up, so it's good to know a thing or two about object-oriented programming, data structures and algorithms, functional programming, clean code, design patterns, and different architecture approaches.
Keep in mind, that these are just ideas, recommendations from my side, probably you don't need to do everything I listed, and maybe I forgot some things that are important. Anyway, I wish you the best and I hope you can find your first Flutter developer job soon and advance your career.
If you enjoyed this episode, I'd appreciate it if you came by (online) and say a bit about yourself and your podcast listening habits! Feel free to send me a private message or just tag me in a tweet!
Host: Vince Varga
- Flutter 101 Podcast episode with Eric Windmill, the author of Flutter by Example, and Flutter in Action books
- Flutter YouTube Channel
- Flutter at Google IO 2021 YouTube Playlist
- The Boring Show YouTube Playlist
- Flutter Widget of the Week YouTube Playlist
- UI Speed Code example video
- Flutter source code
- Flutter Plugins from the Flutter team source code
- Solido/awesome-flutter - Curated list of resources for Flutter
- diegoveloper/flutter-samples - beautiful Flutter samples
- pub.dev Flutter Favorites (popular open-source packages)
- App Brewery The Complete 2021 Flutter Development Bootcamp with Dart
- Academind - Learn Flutter & Dart to Build iOS & Android Apps 
- Udemy Flutter courses list
- Udacity - Build Native Mobile Apps with Flutter