Manage episode 272653539 series 41400
Camila Russo is a financial journalist, starting her career writing for Chile's largest national newspaper. She then spent 8 years at Bloomberg covering the Argentine market from Buenos Aires, the European stocks from Madrid, and analysed macro emerging markets moves for the Markets Live blog in New York.
She is the founder of the Defiant and recently wrote and released a book on the foundations of Ethereum, “The Infinite Machine”. This tells the story of how 19-year-old coding genius Vitalik Buterin led a “ragtag group of feuding hackers with no business plan and no live product” to pioneer a whole new way of raising money, on a platform that’s grown to a value of $27 billion. It is being hailed a complete hit and we highly recommend you give it a read.
Camila joined us to chat about how her journey through journalism led her to crypto, and how she became a successful author.
Topics covered in this episode:
- Camila's background and how she got into the crypto space
- Becoming involved with Bitcoin in Argentina back in 2013
- Her move to the US and the introduction to Ethereum in 2017
- What made her decide to write a book and the process involved
- Some interesting stories that didn't make the final cut
- Camila's views on the Ethereum narrative and how it has changed over time
- Camila's view on the current DeFi situation and the risks of regulators becoming more involved
- What is The Defiant?
- How to follow Camila
- Camila Russo
- The Defiant
- The Infinite Machine
- Excerpt from The Infinite Machine
- “The Infinite Machine” review
- Camila on Twitter
- Algorand: To learn more about Algorand and how it’s unique design makes it easy for developers to build sophisticated applications, visit algorand.com/epicenter - http://algorand.com/epicenter
This episode is hosted by Sebastien Couture. Show notes and listening options: epicenter.tv/358