A disappearing food franchise. The story behind how a Vietnamese spring roll ended up on the menu of Senegalese restaurants. We take America's Test Kitchen's inquisitive and relentless approach to telling unexpected, funny, and thought-provoking narratives about food and drink. This is not a recipe show. And this is not a show about celebrity chefs or what they like to eat. Proof plunges into history, culture, science, and the psyche to uncover the hidden backstories that feed your food-obse ...
Wine exports post-China; Japan wine market insights; New craft spirits wholesaler; & Brick Lane Brewing's Trilogy of Fear
Manage episode 299796573 series 2423670
A podcast for lovers of wine, beer, liquor (incl. whisky, whiskey, bourbon, gin, vodka, tequila etc) and cocktails, Drinks Adventures hosts wine makers, brewing and distilling experts, sommeliers, bartenders & more.
Wine Australia is now focusing its efforts on other emerging markets in Asia, where Australian wine has a small share of the total wine market. That's according to general manager of marketing, Stuart Barclay, who addressed last week's Wine Export Diversification Webinar. In other news:
· Australian winemakers confronting challenges in Japan
· Australian craft spirits distributor Nip of Courage launches new wholesale and retail offerings; and
· Melbourne’s Brick Lane Brewing creates amburana-aged beer
More must-listen episodes:
- Two Paddocks wine with Sam Neill, pinot noir obsessive: S6E6
- Wine critic Jancis Robinson on the changing world of wine: S4E4
- Brewing historian Tara Nurin, and beer sensory expert Briony Liebich: S11E6
- Cocktails meet coffee with Mr Black Spirits: S8E5
Tags: gin, distilling, distillery, distiller, liquor, craft spirits, cocktail, cocktails, drink, drinks, wine, winemaking, winemaker, viticulture, beer, craft beer, brewing, agave, tequila, mezcal, bartender, bartenders, sommelier, sommeliers, cicerone, whisky, whiskey, cognac, bourbon, rum, vodka, vineyard, mixology, bars, pubs, restaurants