Manage episode 334524396 series 3270517
Today, manufacturers are facing challenges such as unstable supply chains and labor shortages. On top of that, they have to keep up with the complexities brought on by an increased need for customized products. One of the solutions that have been successfully employed to cope with these challenges and maintain competitiveness is the adoption of smart manufacturing.
I’m your host, Conor Peick and I’m joined by Dale Tutt, Vice President of Industry Strategy at Siemens Digital Industries Software. Also joining us is Rahul Garg, Vice President of Industrial Machinery and SMB Industries at Siemens Digital Industries Software. He’ll help us understand the problems that smart manufacturing is solving in the industry.
In this episode, you’ll learn about the impact that digitalization is having on the manufacturing industry. You’ll also hear about the impact that smart manufacturing has on the quality of the product as well as the cost of production. Additionally, you’ll learn about the benefits of using the digital twin on the factory floor.
What You’ll Learn in this Episode:
- The major challenges in the industrial machinery manufacturing industry today (01:38)
- How manufacturers are leveraging digitalization to improve processes (06:01)
- The impact of digitalization on automation (09:39)
- The meaning of closed-loop quality (12:47)
- What the process of building smart machines involves (16:48)
Connect with Rahul Garg:
Connect with Dale Tutt:
Connect with Conor Peick:
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.