Manage episode 377252007 series 2683083
In episode 420 of the Desire To Trade Podcast, we will be listening to the recording of an interview with professional trader Ceri Bryans, and she shares her full-time automated day trader success story. If you're one of those traders who get bored with backtesting, this interview might change how you see the benefits of backtesting for your long-term success.
The video is also available for you to watch on YouTube.
- 00:15 Introduction
- 00:50 What's new with Ceri Bryans
- 02:17 Mechanical trading with MT4, Expert Advisor
- 02:33 Making the switch from manual to automated trading
- 04:40 On not preferring a high win rate
- 05:25 How to avoid fakeouts
- 06:36 Choosing the right time-frame
- 07:39 Ceri's backtesting strategy - MUST WATCH! (Video link above)
- 13:08 Backtesting 4 targets
- 14:14 Testing the NASDAQ on a 30-minute chart
- 26:05 Why should you do a backtest?
- 26:37 Backtesting manually or automatically?
- 30:41 The optimizing stage
- 34:40 Deciding on the risk per trade
- 37:47 Overestimating how much you're willing to lose
- 41:29 Advice for people who don't have time for backtesting
- 45:02 Difference between live and backtesting results
- 49:14 Ceri's thoughts on journaling
- 50:15 Where to find Ceri Bryans (info below)
- and much more
What did you like best in this podcast episode? Let's talk in the comments below, or join me in the Facebook group!Desire To Trade's Top Resources
- DesireToTRADE Forex Trader Community (free group!)
- Complete Price Action Strategy Checklist
- One-Page Trading Plan (free template)
- Recommended brokers:
- Desire To TRADE Academy
What one thing will you implement after listening to this podcast episode? Leave a comment below, or join me in the Facebook group!