Manage episode 283871409 series 2853474
In this informative and insightful episode, Dr Dayo Kuku (also known as Dr K) discusses facts and debunks myths about breast cancer. With the growing prevalence of social media, it has become easier to access health information and there is a potential for misconceptions to spread rapidly. It is therefore important to learn the facts about breast cancer from a medical expert and access only reliable resources.
As an experienced GP and cancer survivor herself, she shares helpful and practical wisdom. This will inspire you to make informed decisions about your breast health.
You will learn:
• The importance of regular breast examination and clinical screening.
• How to conduct a breast self-examination to become familiar with the normal look and feel of your breasts in spite of your busy schedule.
• Risk factors of breast cancer and the need to maintain a healthy lifestyle
• The importance of taking immediate action by seeking medical help upon noticing any change in the breast and the dangers of delaying or refusing treatment
• Common myths about breast cancer such as the effect of ethnicity, age and screening.
• Tips on what to do when going for the diagnostic test results post referral.
• Sharing the news after receiving a cancer diagnosis and why reaching out for support is crucial in the cancer journey.
• Taking control of your thoughts as a positive mindset is vital and needs to be intentional.
• Treatment plans and recommendations which are specific to the patient will vary from one person to another.
• Accessing reliable resources on breast cancer.
Dr Dayo Kuku is a qualified medical doctor with 33 years’ experience. She is a practising GP in the UK, a leader within the National Health Service (NHS), and an inspirational speaker. By virtue of her leadership position, she speaks at conferences, seminars and radio shows for the NHS. She is a widow, blessed with two wonderful daughters. She is passionate about empowering and supporting people who have experienced any form of illness, so that they can live a transformed, wholesome and fulfilled life.
Connect with Dr Kuku (Dr K) on Instagram @healinggzone
If you have any questions, we would love to hear from you - contact us via:
Follow us on Instagram @cuparise_breastcancer and use the hashtag #cuparise to join the conversation on social media.
Subscribe/follow to receive immediate updates on new episodes and share with family and friends. Thank you for listening.