Manage episode 288070786 series 2885910
Host Allison Hare talks to Colin Wright, an author, international speaker, podcaster, and featured on the popular Netflix documentary, Minimalism.
As COVID grounds us all at home and limits our ability to travel, have you taken a pause to REALLY re-evaluate your lifestyle and ask yourself... what would better look like?
Colin has been traveling the world since 2009 and has visited more than 60 countries and over moving from one country to another every four months!
Colin shares how he has been keeping up with his travels by living a minimalist lifestyle for 10 years. He surrendered his luxe city life in Los Angeles to travel the world and work as a freelancer. Today he shares how he has seen the world from a different perspective and shares with us how he is happier than ever by creating more space that matters.
- How Colin Wright transitioned from corporate life to become a digital nomad 10 years ago.
- He shares how he was privileged in a certain way and how he can give back to the community wherever he was.
- How does his family see him? Does he feel normal?
- Colin explains how living the life of equilibrium and outside your comfort zone kept him learning.
- What does he do, and how does he do it?
- Maintaining relationships with having no permanent address.
- What is important to him?
- Best practices of different countries that Colin thinks we should know.
- After 60 countries, where does he want to go next?
3 Key Points
- Minimalism is freeing things to have the luxury of time.
- Success and happiness are measured on your specific metrics.
- Be comfortable living uncomfortably.
- Colin Wright goes against the norm "I should step away from this thing that is good according to certain metrics of success."
- Colin Wright on minimalism, "Minimalism is just a means of freeing up time, energy and resources to spend on the more important things."
- Colin Wright, on minimalist people, "It's not a religion or a cult. You're trying to adapt. You are focusing your money and time more intentionally".
Find me everywhere at Allison’s Linktree.
Follow me on Instagram: https://instagram.com/allison\_\_hare
Press Play Podcasts - Launch Your Podcast in 6 weeks! https://pressplaypodcasts.co
Click for a free Podcast Equipment and Recording Checklist