Manage episode 301473990 series 2977819
Here’s the deal:
Estimated working Moms are spending 98 hours a week between professional and personal caretaking obligations.
A new parent loses 1,056 hours of sleep in the firsts 12 months of a child’s life.
Sleep deprivation increases the chances of making errors by 7 times. In this episode of Ctrl+Alt+Delete, Joanna Clark a.k.a “The sleep detective” and Lisa Duerre #keepitreal and have the taboo talk about the sleep-deprived working parents in tech. They share personal stories, insight, and actionable tips that you can use today to get a better night’s rest, help your workforce be productive and engaged, and help your leaders help their teams.
• Self-regulate, self-settle, self-soothe aren’t just for newborns and what you can do about it even as an adult.
• The connection between burnout prevention and marriage success when sleep issues are addressed.
• Shame and guilt that is common when you become a parent to a newborn.
• High performance and the impact of motherhood on self-esteem and productivity.
• The connection between sleep deprivation and loss of empathy.
• Why Women’s & Parents Employee Resource Groups are important for your organization.
• What leaders need to factor in when an employee decides to sleep train.
• The connection between being well-rested and burnout prevention
• The importance of the stamina scale check-in.
Joanna Clark is the founder of Blissful Baby Sleep coaching. She is one of the top 200 sleep coaches in America. Joanna Clark is on a mission to ensure that no parent endures the pain of sleep deprivation overwhelm and relentless questioning of their self-worth because they have a child that does not sleep through the night. #womenintech #burnoutrecovery #burnoutprevention https://www.blissfulbabysleepcoaching.com/ https://www.linkedin.com/in/joanna-clark-6b85241/