Manage episode 305761768 series 2858673
Download my FREE job search tracker that was made to help you get organized in your job search so you can obtain the final offer.
I title these "mistakes" but honestly let's face it, mistakes are essential for our growth and development. Even the most powerful leaders make mistakes. I make them too.
But these things, let's call them that hinder us from our success within our job search are easily fixable. This is why I bring you this episode so we can discuss it and how you bring yourself to a new level of advancement next time.
In this episode we talk about:
1) Why the way you apply is important (Hint, it's about how you use your resume and cover letter)
2) The way to network with humans
3) Being close-minded to opportunities.
A recap of some of the discussion:
- Personalize what you are applying for, the biggest thing to take advantage of is the job posting. It has all the skills and requirements that they expect you to have at a minimum. Customize each one, it is best for the ATS system. A job should not take 5 minutes to apply for.
- Choosing to apply under those 5 minutes probably means that you are clicking the “apply button” on anything you see. This is not going to get you anywhere, especially if you want to use networking in conjunction with job applications.
- It is okay to have some emotions towards a change- from a big company to a small one or from a coordinator position to a manager. Whatever the change is, it is there to develop your growth and take your skills to the next level. If you have a fear behind the “out with the old and in with the new” take some time to assess your skills and your value.
FIND MELISSA CARVALHO:
connect with me and send me a message over on LinkedIn: CLICK HERE
Optimize your job search with an ATS Friendly Resume Template: CLICK HERE