Manage episode 266044058 series 1026090
For all your hard work home canning this year, don’t you think you deserve a break – and a treat? Today I give you both as I introduce you to the concept of making homemade ice cream. But ice cream is much more than a wildly popular dessert. It also happens to provide a natural complement to our home canning.
When you make ice cream at home, can add many of the items you’ve already canned, such as cherries, peaches, and berries to take your ice cream to a whole new level. Once you learn to make ice cream at home, you may never go back to store-bought again.
Here’s the secret about making ice cream at home: It is super easy! In today’s show I walk you through my favorite recipe for making a basic – but wonderful tasting – vanilla homemade ice cream. From there I show you how you how to blend in some of your home canned goodies. You are also going to need to buy an ice cream maker if you don’t have one already. I tell you which one I use, how it works, and why I like it so much.
Things we Talk about in Today’s Show
- Cuisinart Ice Crean Maker I Recommend (Amazon affiliate links)
- Basic Vanilla Ice Cream Recipe – Get started making great homemade ice cream with this recipe.
- Dark Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe – I made this, it turned out really good, but I still like the vanilla better.
- Cherry Vanilla Ice Cream Recipe – One way to start using your canning goodies in your ice cream.
- Butter Pecan Ice Cream Recipe – Never made it but can’t wait to try. So happy to have found this.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Show (Affiliate links)—
Hilton Hotels (link is external) – My favorite hotel chain.
Canner I use: Presto 1755 16-Quart Aluminum Pressure Cooker/Canner (Amazon)
Before you go …
If you haven’t done it already please take a moment to give me a rating on iTunes (link is external) (hopefully positive if you think I’ve earned it!).
Thanks for listening and all your wonderful support!
The post CS-038: Homemade Ice Cream | New Features Coming to Canning Season appeared first on Canning Season.