CannaInsider - Interviews with the Business Leaders of The Legal Cannabis, Marijuana, CBD Industry
There’s More Opportunity Than Risk in Cannabis Investment - Codie Sanchez
Manage episode 322710085 series 122759
Pioneer investors with more traditional backgrounds in finance are beginning to plant their flags firmly and confidently in the cannabis space, and here to tell us about this is Codie Sanchez.
Codie is a managing partner at Cresco Capital Partners, a private equity fund in the legalized cannabis space. She previously lead First Trust’s Latin America Investment business and held positions at Goldman Sachs, State Street, and Vanguard.
In this episode, Codie shares her insights on the future of cannabis and some invaluable advice for traditional investors looking to enter the industry.
Learn more at https://www.crescocapitalpartners.com.
- Codie’s background in the cannabis space and her best investments to date
- Why Codie believes there’s more opportunity than risk in cannabis investment
- How investors, entrepreneurs, and funds can overcome the stigma surrounding cannabis and get their audiences on board
- Codie’s advice to investors on how to go about navigating the difficulties that come with pioneering an industry like cannabis
- The ratio of over-valued, fairly-valued, and undervalued deals Codie is witnessing in cannabis right now
- The most noteworthy acquisitions and investments in cannabis over the last 12 months
- Codie’s advice to entrepreneurs trying to raise capital and the do’s and don’ts for pitching decks
- Where Codie sees cannabis going over the next 3-5 years and the opportunities that excite her the most