Manage episode 303013228 series 52378
BS 188 features neuroscientist Anil Seth discussing his new book "Being You: A New Science of Consciousness." We have had many guests talk about consciousness, but Seth represents the newer generation who have actually been able to devote their careers to this fundamental question: How does the brain generate conscious experience. His perspective is both practical and illuminating.
Links and References:
- Being You: A New Science of Consciousness by Anil Seth
- Making up the Mind: How the Brain Creates Our Mental World by Chris Frith (BSP 57)
- See also the recent Brain Science series on Consciousness: BS 160-163.
- Please visit http://brainsciencepodcast.com for additonal references and episode transcripts.
Please Visit Our Sponsors:
- Check out the Brain Science podcast channel on YouTube for episode excerpts and summaries.
- Support Brain Science by buying Are You Sure? The Unconscious Origins of Certainty by Virginia "Ginger" Campbell, MD. (Autographed copies are available)
- Sign up for the free Brain Science Newsletter to get show notes automatically every month. You can also text brainscience to 55444 to sign up.
- Check out the free Brain Science Mobile app for iOS, Android, and Windows. (It's a great way to get both new episodes and premium content.)
- Learn more ways to support Brain Science at http://brainsciencepodcast.com/donations
- Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Connect on Social Media:
Contact Dr. Campbell:
- Email: email@example.com
- Voicemail: http://speakpipe.com/docartemis