Manage episode 253441970 series 52378
This is an interview with Stanislas Dehaene about his new book How We Learn: Why Brains Learn Better Than Any Machine . . . for Now. According to neuroscientist Dehaene neuroscience has revealed that human babies are incredible "learning machines" whose abilities exceed those of the best current artificial intelligence. We explore why this is so and how this information could be used to help learners (and teachers) of all ages.
Links and References:
- How We Learn: Why Brains Learn Better Than Any Machine . . . for Now by Stanislas Dehaene
- Visit http://brainsciencepodcast.com for additional references and episode transcripts.
- A 2nd expanded edition of Dr. Campbell's book Are You Sure? The Unconscious Origins of Certainty will be released in May 2020.
- Please join the Brain Science podcast Group on Goodreads at http://brainscienceforum.com.
- Brain Science comes out on the 2nd and 4th Friday each month.
- To win an Amazon gift certificate: post a review of Brain Science in iTunes and send me a screenshot.
- Learn how you can support Brain Science at http://brainsciencepodcast.com/donations
- Sign up for the free Brain Science Newsletter to get show notes automatically every month.
- Check out the free Brain Science Mobile app for iOS, Android, and Windows. (It's a great way to get both new episodes and premium content.)
- Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org or post voice feedback at http://speakpipe.com/docartemis.
Connect on Social Media:
- Twitter: @docartemis
- Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/brainsciencepodcast
- Group on Goodreads at http://brainscienceforum.com
Contact Dr. Campbell:
- Email: email@example.com
- Voicemail: http://speakpipe.com/docartemis