Manage episode 290335041 series 7331
Why create more landfill? Perhaps you should resist the urge to toss those old sneakers, the broken ceiling fan, or last year’s smart phone. Instead, repurpose them! Global junk entrepreneurs are leading the way in turning trash to treasure, while right-to-repair advocates fight for legislation that would give you a decent shot at fixing your own electronic devices.
And, if you toss food scraps down the drain as you cook, are you contributing to a “fatberg” horror in the sewer?
- John Love – Synthetic biologist at the University of Exeter
- Adam Minter – Author of Secondhand: Travels in the New Global Garage Sale
- Amanda Preske – Chemist and the owner of Circuit Breaker Labs
- Nathan Proctor – National campaign director for U.S. Public Interest Research Group – (PIRGS) Right to Repair campaign
- Kyle Wiens – CEO of I-Fixit, an Internet repair community
Originally aired December 16, 2019