Manage episode 328680054 series 3045315
Hello, and welcome to another episode of B2B Marketing & More. I have a special guest today: Erika Heald. She's a founder and the lead consultant at Erika Heald Marketing Consulting, where she helps a lot of SaaS startups.
Today we are going to talk about B2B thought leadership, in the context of the B2B marketing specifically. What makes it important for marketers and companies and why do they need to be aware of generating thought leadership.In this episode:
- What is the biggest misconception about thought leadership?
- How should marketers start to craft B2B thought leadership strategy for their company?
- What are the challenges for big enterprises?
- How to find the right B2B thought leadership opportunities within the company?
- How can B2B marketers and subject matter experts create thought leadership content?
- What is the best way to position a thought leadership pitch to the management?
"You start by thinking about who in your organization is not afraid to speak their mind, even if it might ruffle some feathers. You want to find those who are okay with sometimes being the one who says the not so popular opinion out loud in public and is willing to talk about it."
"If you're willing to put in the time with your Legal and Compliance partners and share why you want to change something or where you're coming from, a lot of times, they will figure out how to help you get towards where you wanted to go."
If you want to chat, reach out to any social media channels or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also join my Facebook community: Build Your Marketing Skills to Get Ahead. When you join, you get a free Starbucks on me. You can go to the Announcement tab and click on the barcode of the gift card.