Manage episode 296728507 series 1409924
We’re continuing our series on the TEA framework and this time we’re talking about Attention. How do you become more focused? How do you have more attention for what matters? How can you eliminate distractions? We cover all these topics today and more. If you feel like you want to become more focused, this episode is for you.
Get an extra 3 months free on a one-year package. Expressvpn.com/TPS
Thanks Gusto. Get three months free when you run your first payroll at gusto.com/tps
Thanks Faherty. Get 20% off ALL your summer clothes now by going to fahertybrand.com with promo code TPS at checkout.
You can find links to everything that we share in the show notes by going to theproductivityshow.com/359.
- Top 3 productivity resources for this week. [2:55]
- What are some signs to look for that show you are lacking in attention? [7:10]
- How can you most easily improve your attention? [8:17]
- What are some tactical ways to eliminate “low-hanging fruit”, attention-wise? [10:36]
- What are Thanh’s “low-hanging” fruit distractions? [12:39]
- Which type of distraction is the toughest to work around? [15:54]
- How would Brooks recommend going about eliminating distractions proactively? [18:44]
- How does Thanh know what to prioritize when working on attention? [21:29]
- What does Brooks do prioritize effectively? [29:46]
- What is the “I’ll Just” Strategy? [31:25]
- What is the “Thinking Time” Strategy? [35:09]
- Why is optimizing human interactions often so difficult? [40:38]
- Where should someone start to improve their focus and attention if they aren’t quite sure? [43:25]
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.