Manage episode 288963589 series 2520227
Today we dive into a discussion about Parkinson’s disease.
We talk about what causes this disease, how it is medically and pharmacologically managed, and most important for CRNAs…what is the best evidence for taking care of patients who have Parkinson’s disease.
There’s no doubt that at some point you will provide anesthesia for these patients and we want to help you, so sharpen those pencils and get ready to take some notes!
What You'll Learn
- Determine the difference between Parkinson’s disease and Parkinsonism.
- Examine how Parkinson’s disease is pharmacologically managed.
- Discuss how Parkinson’s disease is non-pharmacologically and surgically managed.
- Determine evidence-based practices for the perianesthetic management of Parkinson’s disease.
- Review the potential drug interactions and critical events that could occur during the anesthetic management of a patient with Parkinson’s disease.
Want to Attend an APEX Live Event?
We know that you miss going to live events right now - and we do too!
That's why we decided to pull out all the stops on our APEX Live Virtual CPC Review Course.
By attending virtually, there are no long flights, no rental cars, and no forgetting things at home. You can even show up in your PJs if you'd like!
If you want an engaging review for the NBCRNA CPC Exam, with the flexibility to attend virtually, then you came to the right place.
Our first event was a blast! Check out our 2021 dates in the link below.
How Are We Doing?
We’re here to help you improve your practice, and we want to make sure our content is relevant for you.
APEX Anesthesia Review, LLC and APEX Live expressly disclaim any liability in connection with the use of any content in its podcasts, social media posts, and all other published content by any third party.
Podcast music by Eino Toivanen, kongano.com