Manage episode 297974643 series 2562185
This week’s Alpha Trader podcast features hosts Aaron Task and Stephen Alpher talking with Blu Putnam, chief economist at CME Group.
Among the topics covered:
- Making sense of the continued decline in long-term yields even as inflation surges
- Why we’ve probably already seen the peak in economic growth for this recovery cycle
- A defense of the Fed’s “transitory” inflation argument
- Alternative data sources like international travel numbers, sports attendance, and restaurant seating might give the first clue about how the Delta variant affects the growth outlook
- Why modern banking means the link between the money supply and inflation has been irrevocably broken, and ...
- Why 70s-style wage-push inflation isn’t an issue in today’s digital economy
Links of interest:
Listen to or subscribe to Alpha Trader on these podcast platforms:
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices