Manage episode 334032069 series 2641903
In this episode, host Alyssa Watson, DVM, is joined by Katherine Bennett, DVM, DACVAA, to talk about her recent Clinician’s Brief article, “Locoregional Anesthesia Complications.” Dr. Bennett shares her knowledge about using local blocks to your patient’s advantage, including when to use lidocaine versus bupivacaine (but not mixing) and how these drugs actually work. She also details the problems that can ensue from local blocks and handling the complications.
Where to find us:
- Twitter: @cliniciansbrief
- Instagram: @clinicians.brief
- Alyssa Watson, DVM - Host
- Alexis Ussery - Producer & Digital Content Coordinator
- Randall Stupka - Podcast Production & Sound Editing