Manage episode 329504195 series 2286515
Episode Summary: In this episode of the L3 Leadership Podcast, John Delony discusses his new book, Own Your Past, Change Your Future, his experience and perspective on anxiety, trauma and grief and what he has learned by working with Dave Ramsey.
5 Key Takeaways:
- John recalls his background in mental health.
- He talks about his own personal experience with mental health struggles.
- He discusses the differences between regular stress and toxic stress.
- John breaks down trauma and what happens to someone mentally when they are traumatized.
- He shares what his experience has been like working with Ramsey Solutions.
About John: Dr. John Delony is a bestselling author, mental health expert and host of The Dr. John Delony Show. He has two PhDs and over two decades of experience in counseling, crisis response and higher education. He is the mental health expert for Ramsey Solutions. John’s goal is to help you navigate tough decisions, improve your relationships, and believe you’re worthy of being well.
Quotes From the Episode:
“You have to make peace with it.”
“Wellness is a series of practices.”
“Anxiety is an alarm system.”
“You are worth being well and you are worth being loved.”
Guest Resources Mentioned:
Own Your Past, Change Your Future by John Delony
I Don’t Wanna Talk About It by Terrence Real
Bag of Candy
Burnout by Amelia & Emily Negoski
Dopamine Nation by Anna Lembke
Connect with John:
Webpage | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube