Manage episode 326616665 series 2286515
Episode Summary:In this episode of the L3 Leadership Podcast, Doug gives a talk at the L3 One Day Conference about his personal experience with mental health and self-care.
6 Key Takeaways:
- Doug shares what led him to having panic attacks.
- He discusses how his own stress and trauma affected him.
- He talks about how therapy helped him through his difficult season.
- Doug gives some insight into how self-acceptance
- He shares that it’s okay to not be okay.
- He talks about how rest is crucial to preventing burnout.
About Doug: Doug Smith is the Director of Development at Light of Life Rescue Mission and Founder and CEO of L3 Leadership. He is the author of his eBook, “Making the Most of Mentoring”, a step by step guide to help you build and cultivate relationships with mentors. He blogs at dougsmithlive.com, he is host of the L3 Leadership podcast, and he is a sought after public speaker. He is married to his high school sweetheart, Laura, who currently works as an Account Executive at Ivalua. Together, they love family, personal growth, travel, working out, and serving others.
Quotes From the Episode:
“It’s more than okay to get help.”
“You are not alone.”
“If you’re going through something, share it with someone.”
“When you burn out it’s a result of unrealistic expectations internally.”
“Do what you need to do to get healthy.”
Leading on Empty Wayne Codeiro
The Ruthless Elimination of Hurry John Mark Comer
Take the Day Off Robert Morris