Manage episode 321530960 series 2800898
This week on the High Wire Woman podcast, Rosanna Berardi is talking about fair play. Her guest, Elise Buie, is an author and a practicing family lawyer. In this episode, Elise shares insights on what people can do to prevent divorce and strengthen their marriage, as well as how to reclaim your time and prioritize your mental health.
You'll hear Rosanna and Elise talk about:
- The three main concepts from the book Fair Play: conceptualizing, planning, and executing.
- Resentment and desire cannot coexist in your heart, whilst you're in a relationship. "While one is holding resentment, one really cannot feel desire for their spouse," Elise says.
- So many women are living in inequitable relationships to the point where there's no emotional connection with their spouse anymore. Rosanna comments on how resentment can turn to numbness, and that it makes for many toxic situations, eventually leading to divorce.
- If your partner does not respect you enough to listen to any suggestions on how you can improve your relationship, ask yourself if it's a relationship worth keeping.
- Find your unicorn space. Don't get lost in your role as a parent, a partner, or in your profession.
- Take time for yourself and don't feel apologetic about it.
Don't get lost in your role as a parent, a partner, or in your profession. Reclaim your time and be unapologetic about it.
Rosanna Berardi | LinkedIn
Rosanna Berardi | Berardi Immigration Law