Intelligent Performance Engineering: The Digital Revolution - How Intelligent Performance Engineering is Changing Manufacturing
Manage episode 313421085 series 3270517
Intelligent Performance Engineering has the potential to revolutionize how manufacturing facilities operate. But as with any big change that takes place within the industry, it takes time for the value of new technology to resonate. Digitalization changes everything, but how do we best communicate these benefits to customers?
Throughout the series, we’ve taken this deep dive into Intelligent Performance Engineering to help answer questions and curiosities about this groundbreaking technology. We’ve talked about integrated part design, simulation, the digital twin, and how these are reshaping the traditional process models.
Joining us again today are Rahul Garg, Industry Leader for Siemens Industrial Machinery, and Giulio Camauli, Industry Solutions Manager at Siemens Digital Industries Software. As representatives of the industrial machinery industry, they’ve really helped us understand the Intelligent Performance Engineering Solution, and they’ve outlined the benefits manufacturers stand to gain through its implementation.
In today’s episode, we’ll close out this series by summarizing what makes Intelligence Performance Engineering so valuable to customers. We’ll also talk about how the digital twin eases the process of gathering information, share some insights around closed-loop validation, and discuss the unique ability of the digital twin to quickly respond to customer needs.
What You'll Learn In This Episode:
- Why closed-loop validation is important for machine builders and suppliers (1:57)
- The complexities of data sharing from the customer perspective (3:49)
- The benefits of using a digital twin (5:27)
- Why the connection between the simulation model and the machine conditions in real-time is so important (10:07)
- The biggest advantages for the machine industry embracing digitalization (15:02)
- Why Intelligent Performance Engineering is critical for manufacturers(16:07)
Connect with Rahul Garg:
Connect with Giulio Camauli:
Connect with Bill Butcher:
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.