Manage episode 296621993 series 2794936
In this episode, how polysaccharides keep cyanobacteria afloat in the oceans so that they can carry out photosynthesis, and a symbiotic bacterium that protects honey bees from fungal infections.
Become a Patron of TWiM!
Links for this episode:
- Bacterial blooms and polysaccharides (eLife)
- Social life of cyanobacteria (eLife)
- Bacteria that protect bees from fungi (mBio)
- First 21 days of a bee’s life (YouTube)
- antiSMASH (Nucl Acids Res)
- Delaney Miller’s website
Music used on TWiM is composed and performed by Ronald Jenkees and used with permission.
Send your microbiology questions and comments to email@example.com