Manage episode 283150621 series 1312787
In this week's installment of The Reason Roundtable, Matt Welch, Katherine Mangu-Ward, Peter Suderman, and Nick Gillespie comment on the latest malfeasance at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and explain how COVID-19 highlights the importance of National School Choice Week.
Discussed in the show:
1:16: Policy news from California and the CDC
11:06: Are we "turning the corner" on COVID-19 cases?
16:54: COVID and National School Choice week.
24:13: Peter tells us exactly what public sector unions are about.
32:05: Email question of the week.
36:48: We had an inauguration last week.
51:32: Media recommendations for the week.
This week's links:
• "How the CDC Bungles Testing of Early COVID-19 Quarantine Patients," by Elizabeth Nolan Brown
• a Twitter thread of the weirdest things Trump did
• "Surge of Student Suicidees Pushes Las Vegas School to Reopen," by Erica L. Green
• "Chicago Teachers Union Refuses Order to Go Back to Classrooms," by Robby Soave
• "As Teachers Unions and Bureaucrats Battle, Families Choose Alternative Schools," by J.D. Tuccille
• "In 2020, Teachers Unions and Police Unions Showed Their True Colors," by Peter Suderman
Today's sponsor: Get an up-close look at the history of the Constitution with the Institute for Justice's new podcast, Bound by Oath. Available wherever you check out podcasts.
Audio production by Ian Keyser.
Assistant production by Regan Taylor.
Music: "Angeline," by The Brothers Steve.