The Law Firm Leadership Podcast | We Interview Corp Defense Law Firm Leaders, Partners, General Counsel and Legal Consultants
Ep: 46 Pat Whalen | Chairman and Managing Partner of Spencer Fane | Humility as the Foundation | Scaling with Operational Excellence | 200% Growth | EQ as Competitive Advantage | The Potential of Others | Harvard & Being a Lifelong Learner | The World’s
Manage episode 273208249 series 2099414
Hello friends, I had a wonderful conversation with the Chairman and Managing Partner of Spencer Fane.
We discussed several topics such as:
- The Incredible Growth Story of Spencer Fane
- Profit Margin Expansion through Scaling
- Humility as the Foundation
- 200% Headcount Growth with Laterals
- A Passion for Lifelong Learning & Harvard Business School
- Leadership and the Potential of Others
- Family Life & Gratitude
- Recommended Books & Pat’s System
Please share your feedback for the show, who I should interview, and the topics that interest you right now.
Links referred to in this episode:
- Pat Whalen | Spencer Fane Attorney Profile
- Pat Whalen | LinkedIn Profile
- Harvard Business School | Executive Education
- Clayton Christensen | Professor | Harvard Business School
- Clayton Christensen | The Innovator's Dilemma
- Clayton Christensen | How Will You Measure Your Life?
- Nancy Koehn | Forged in Crisis: The Power of Courageous Leadership in Turbulent Times
- Dr. Carol Dweck | Mindset: Changing The Way You think To Fulfil Your Potential
- Bill George | Professor | Harvard Business School
- Bill George, Peter Sims, & David Gergen | True North: Discover Your Authentic Leadership
- Brené Brown | Dare to Lead: Brave Work. Tough Conversations. Whole Hearts.